The Columbus Municipal School District does not tolerate any type of harassment of students based upon sex,including acts of harassment that are gender-based or acts that are gender stereotyping in nature.
- Any student in the CMSD who believes that he or she has been subjected to harassment based on sex, including gender-based harassment, should report the harassment to the District.
- The CMSD is committed to conducting a prompt investigation of all allegations of sex harassment, including gender-based harassment.
- Any student who believes that they have been subjected to harassment based on sex or gender, should report the alleged harassment to the CMSD’s Deputy Superintendent who can be contacted at(662)241-7400.
- Any students, staff and/or contract staff found to have engaged in acts of harassment based on sex, including gender-based harassment, will be promptly disciplined, with such discipline to include, if circumstances warrant, up to and including suspension or expulsion for students and termination of employment for staff.
- Students, parents, CMSD staff and CMSD contracted staff are encouraged to work together to prevent acts of harassment of any kind.