The Columbus Municipal School District does not tolerate any type of harassment of students based upon sex,including acts of harassment that are gender-based or acts that are gender stereotyping in nature.
- Any student in the CMSD who believes that he or she has been subjected to harassment based on sex, including gender-based harassment, should report the harassment to the District.
- The CMSD is committed to conducting a prompt investigation of all allegations of sex harassment, including gender-based harassment.
- Any student who believes that they have been subjected to harassment based on sex or gender, should report the alleged harassment to the CMSD’s uperintendent who can be contacted at(662)241-7400.
- Any students, staff and/or contract staff found to have engaged in acts of harassment based on sex, including gender-based harassment, will be promptly disciplined, with such discipline to include, if circumstances warrant, up to and including suspension or expulsion for students and termination of employment for staff.
- Students, parents, CMSD staff and CMSD contracted staff are encouraged to work together to prevent acts of harassment of any kind.