Over the past two months, we have gathered research on different options for returning to school. This research included input from parents and staff along with considerations for our community needs. We have made the decision to open school on August 6 using a hybrid schedule.
WHAT WILL A HYBRID RETURN TO SCHOOL LOOK LIKE?
- Students, staff, and all other employees will be required to wear masks. The Mississippi Department of Health and CDC agree that masks are the key to our ability to keep schools open and reduce exposure to COVID-19.
- Sanitization, handwashing, minimal student movement, social distancing, temperature checks, routine disinfectants protocols and screening for building entrance will be implemented to provide a safe environment for students and employees.
- Masks will be available if needed. Parents are strongly recommended to purchase reusable masks.
- Extra-curricular activities are currently scheduled to proceed under the CDC guidelines. We will update the community of any changes mandated by the Mississippi High School Athletics Association.
- Social distancing and wearing masks will be required on buses. We will only be able to transport a limited number of students on each bus. For this reason, we encourage you to use private transportation if possible. We will update parents and guardians if CDC guidelines are updated before the start of school.
- Hybrid schedules combines distance learning and face to face instruction in the physical building for students. Schools must meet all instructional requirements. We are developing schedules and those will be available at the beginning of August.
- Other provisions will be explored as more information and guidelines become available from the Mississippi Department of Health and Mississippi Department of Education along with decisions from our state government officials.
This is a fluid plan that is subject to change based on guidelines from the Mississippi Department of Health and Mississippi Department of Education along with decisions from our state government officials. Our leadership teams are working to craft plans for each campus and we will continue to share these details with you. Please continue to follow us on social media for future updates.
We appreciate your cooperation as we strive to do what is in the best interest of our students.