Middle School Assessments
Students will meet with their counselor or administrator after completing an online career inventory to begin planning their Personal Graduation Path (PGP).
- Public Service
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Industry
Students will review their endorsement options with a teacher or school counselor.
A plan for intervention and other support will be developed for students who are not demonstrating academic success.
Plan Your Pathway:
- 6th graders—Magnet School Immersion Course—Rotation through themes to integrate career explorations as students explore magnet themes of aerospace, medical sciences and wellness, fine arts, technology and communication, and international studies. Mastery of concepts will be captured through virtual portfolios.
- 7th & 8th graders—Select a Pathway and begin selecting electives specific to career interest.
- Project Lead the Way—STEM integration in all grade levels—Foundational courses in Design and Modeling (DM) and Automation and Robotics (AR) will be offered to all middle school students.
- Standard electives such as band, P.E., and SPIRIT (gifted education) will continue to be offered to students.
What to do to help your child:
- Maintain a strong relationship with your child—talk frequently about what is going on in school.
- Encourage your child to take electives based on his/her career interests.
- Make attendance a top priority by setting a daily routine and scheduling appointments outside of school hours.