Signing Up for Virtual Learning
The deadline to register for virtual learning was on July 20, 2020. If you have questions or concerns about this, please fill out a “Contact Us” form.
CMSD is committed to providing a safe environment while promoting academic excellence. Please click here to see our COVID-19 Procedures.
Building Entry Questionnaire
COVID-19 Contact Information
When Should I Stay Home from School?
Virtual Students – Breakfast & Lunch Pick Up
Please see the attendance standards here. School start times, end times, and attendance standards have changed due to COVID-19.
CMSD Restart and Recovery Plan 2020-2021
Community “Drive-in” WiFi
“Drive-in” WiFi accessibility for CMSD students is being provided at the following locations in cooperation with the City of Columbus and the Columbus Housing Authority:
District WiFi Access:
- Brandon Central Services Center – North parking lot by the Board Room
- Cook Elementary – Front parking lot
- Stokes-Beard Elementary – Front parking lot
- Sale Elementary – Front parking lot
- Fairview Elementary – Front and side parking lots
District Verizon Hotspots:
- Coleman Community Center/Housing Authority
- MLK Housing Authority – 1501 MLK Drive
- Sandfield Community Center – 617 Oak Street
- Shields Sims Housing Authority – 1515 4th Street South
- Sim Scott Pavilion – 909 20th St N
- Townsend Community Center – 826 15th Street South
- William Roberts Housing Authority – 247 William Roberts Road
Additional community hotspots include:
- Sparklight –
- 319 College St. Parking lot
- 2312 Highway 45 N in the former Kmart parking lot
What’s the Difference Between Hybrid and Virtual Learning?
- Students will physically attend school two days a week. The rest of the week, the student will attend virtually.
- Students are assigned to either “A” or “B” schedules.
- “A” schedule will meet physically Monday and Tuesday and meet virtually Wednesday – Friday.
- “B” schedule will meet physically Thursday and Friday and meet virtually Monday – Wednesday.
- Wednesday will be for sanitizing schools and virtual learning.
- Regular school hours will be maintained whether the student is participating physically or virtually on a given day. Please see the 2020-2021 Student Handbook for more information regarding hours.
- Bus transportation will be provided, but the school district strongly encourages private transportation to and from school as that will limit exposure to health concerns.
- Students will attend class real time according to their schedule and will have asynchronous learning. Please see the 2020-2021 Student Handbook for more information regarding hours.
- Students must be present during class hours just as if they were attending school regularly.
- School uniforms are preferred but not required. Students must be appropriately dressed, meaning no revealing clothing, inappropriate designs or language, etc. Please see the handbook for more information.
- In order to participate in virtual learning, students must have access to reliable internet every day and have a device that meets the requirements listed here.
- For both diagnostic and state testing, virtual students will be required to come to the school’s designated “safe site” to test.
- Students that participate in the virtual only option will not be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities.
All schools in the district will have designated “safe sites.” These areas will be available for students that do not have computers/tablets or reliable internet. These students can come to the school’s “safe site” on days that they are supposed to be participating virtually. The schools’ “safe sites” will follow CDC guidelines by keeping the computers at least six feet apart and sanitizing all devices in between uses. Students that are fully virtual will use “safe sites” during diagnostic and state testing. “Safe sites” will be monitored at all times. If you would like to bring your own device to a “safe site,” you are welcome to do so as long as you are not taking a diagnostic or state test. District devices must be used for those tests.