Notice: Brandon Central Services Center lottery hours are 7:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
The application window officially OPENS on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 and CLOSES on Friday, April 26, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Only complete applications will be considered for the Lottery. A complete application consists of a verified online application and the submission of the required enrollment documents if applicable.
Printable copy of information
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
ONLY THOSE STUDENTS NEW TO CMSD or THOSE WISHING TO MAKE A CHANGE MUST COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION.
Magnet Schools Applications will only be accepted from parents or legal guardians of students who reside within the Columbus Municipal School District’s attendance zones. If your child meets one of the criteria below, you should complete the online Magnet Schools Application.
- IS YOUR CHILD a CURRENT STUDENT WANTING a DIFFERENT SCHOOL? If your child currently attends a Columbus Magnet School in Pre-K through fourth grade, and you wish to apply for a different school, you will need to complete the online Magnet School Application to enter the Lottery.
- DO YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR the PRE-KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM? Your child must be FOUR years old on or before September 1, 2019, to enroll in Pre-kindergarten. Parents or legal guardians must complete the online Magnet School Application and submit enrollment information to Brandon Central Services Center no later than 2:00 p.m. on April 13, 2018. Parents will need to BRING their child to Brandon Central Services Center to participate in Pre-K TESTING on ONE of the following dates:
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (4:00 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.)
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 (7:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.)
- WILL YOUR CHILD ENTER KINDERGARTEN in 2019? Your child must be FIVE years old on or before September 1, 2019, to enroll in Kindergarten.
- IS YOUR CHILD NEW to CMSD? Your child is considered a NEW student if he or she DOES NOT currently attend a Columbus Municipal School District Magnet School.
IF YOU are SATISFIED WITH YOUR CURRENT SCHOOL, do nothing. Your child will automatically have a seat in his or her current school for next year.
HOW DO I APPLY?
All Magnet School Lottery Applications will be submitted through SchoolMint, our online registration system. Please click the Lottery Application link above.
WHAT IF I HAVE A USER ACCOUNT?
- If you ALREADY have a user account, you can log in with it. You can use this account to move a current student to a new school in the Lottery and to enroll a new student. After logging in, you will see the Student Dashboard Select Add/Edit New Student Application. On the Online Enrollment screen, choose 2019-2020. If you are applying to have your student moved during the Lottery, select the student’s name at this time. If you have a new student, click Add Another Student. Follow the directions to complete the application(s).
- If you have forgotten your username and/or password, click the Forgot Username and/or Forgot Password links to reset them.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE A USER ACCOUNT?
- You must CREATE a NEW ACCOUNT. After creating a new account, you will see the Student Dashboard Select Add /Edit New Student Application. On the Online Enrollment screen, choose 2019-2020. Click Add Another Student. Follow the directions to complete the application(s).
Keep up with your login information. You will use it to register your student after he/she has been assigned to a school.
WHAT ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS WILL I NEED?
FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY (New to CMSD, PreKindergarten, and Kindergarten)
To apply for placement in a school, it is necessary to BRING the following information to the Brandon Central Services Center after completing the online application:
- A certified copy of your student’s birth certificate
- An up-to-date copy of your student’s Immunization Compliance Form (MS Form 121) – Shot Record
AND two proofs of residency (one of which must have been issued within the last 30 days) indicating that both the child and parent reside in the Columbus School District.
Acceptable documents include:
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application Form OR Mortgage Documents OR Lease Agreement OR Property Deed
- Utility Bill (only one can be accepted) – Electric Bill OR Water Bill OR Gas Bill OR Cable Bill OR Land Line Phone Bill
- Driver’s License OR Voter Precinct Identification OR Automobile Registration
NOTE: The name and address must be the same on BOTH documents.
Your application will be considered INCOMPLETE and WILL NOT be processed for the Lottery unless these items are received by the 2:00 p.m. April 26, 2018, deadline.