Registration must now be completed online.
If your student was enrolled in CMSD at the end of the 2015-2016 school year you should have received a letter that contains a code that will access information in our database. If your student was not enrolled last year, you will add him/her as a new student. Parents/guardians can manage all students in their family from a single account. It is necessary to have either a cell phone number or email address to create the account. If you do not have either of these, you can create a free email account at either Google or Yahoo.
If you are new to the district, we have one high school (9-12) and one middle school (6-8). All students in grades Pre-K-5 must receive an assignment by applying at the Brandon Central Service Center before registering.
- Click the Register Now link above to create an account or log in with your account.
- You will see a screen that asks: “Did you have a student enrolled at a school in Columbus Schools last year?” Choose Yes
- Enter the access code from the letter you received.
- Proceed to save parent information, student information, and re-enrollment forms. Use the green button “Save and Continue Later” to save your progress as you complete the forms
- Submit the forms.
There’s an app for that!
Columbus Municipal School District will be displayed for selection when you type Columbus in the School Organization field.
Acceptable Proofs of Residency
One current utility bill:
- Landline phone
One of the following:
- Homestead Exemption
- Mortgage or Lease Agreement
- Drivers License or Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration